I'm not quite sure where to start with this. I am bursting with blog post ideas but they have all had to be shelved so I can focus on finishing off our e course and preparing for, and then styling Sisterhood camp over the weekend, as well as preparing for a few other events and projects coming up. I am in such an amazingly busy period in my career which was long hoped for, but it's all sort of happening at once and I am finding myself not quite able to hold my head above the proverbial water. But I couldn't leave this cherished space any longer, so I am furiously writing a quick update to say hello.
Things that have happened since we last talked.
- I held my first ever Seeds and Stitches workshop (May themed) by myself and loved every second. I'm hosting another with Natasha on 25th June in Faversham- the Eventbrite is yet to be set up (!) but save the date!
- I went away on holiday with Frankie to stay in a converted vintage train carriage with Under The thatch. Breathtakingly beautiful location. Post and video will come... soon!
- I have been working supremely hard (harder than anything else I've worked on) on getting Stitch + Forage ready to launch on June 1st. This is probably the scariest and most time consuming thing on this list. It's looking amazing though and we've had the most wonderful contributions! I'm on the finishing streak now. I hope you like it. It would mean the world to me if you wanted to sign up to our list and be kept up to date about what were doing with this project. http://www.stitchandforage.com/shop/ for more.
- I styled Sisterhood camp last weekend- totally amazing, dream job. Still reeling. Job wise, it went very smoothly- I'm super pleased with the styling. Personally I am still reeling from the amazing connections I made and conversations I had and I'm also still feeling the effects of the last night camp fire/booze fest I over-indulged in too.
- We started looking for houses to part-buy with some family members, in which we would be part owners, part tenants (hope that makes sense!) so- the excitement and despair of house hunting added into the mix, just for good measure.
- Had a brilliant promo event for Stitch + Forage at Boxpark in Shoreditch.
- I started excitedly preparing for my styling session at Expedition Morocco.
- Felt pathetically grateful to have a kid which necessitates taking breaks from my desk. Cherished every moment we spent on the beach together or in the woods. Felt grateful again to the power of nature to ground and centre me.
- Also started to get organised for my brothers wedding (wheeeee!) in a couple weeks for which I'm doing the flowers.
- Felt totally elated at the opportunities coming in and lovely, affirming feedback I've had.
- Cried and despaired about how to fit everything in. Felt like an imposter.
- Felt like a bad, neglectful mum, yet ridiculously grateful for Dave and Frankie's love at the same time.
- Felt like curling up in my bed with a book and throwing my laptop and phone out the window.
- Pulled myself up by the bootstraps, poured a coffee, vented to some friends, took some deep breaths, and carried on.
So, that's me, warts n' all. I miss this space and can't wait to get back to regular blogging after Stitch + Forage launches on 1st June and I get (some of!) my sanity back! Onwards!
P.S I'm over on instagram, twitter and more recently Snapchat (I'm hanbullivant over there) which I am becoming addicted too!