Happy Friday! Following on from my last posts about changing my style, and after the season changed in oh such a magical way, and because my nesting is at peak-pregzilla obsessive, we are busy making some small, slow changes to our home. Our place is rented but we have quite a lot of free reign from our landlords to paint etc. This is not our forever home, but rather a stop gap whilst we save. It features (ha!) white plastic windows and door frames which we have to work around, and the front door opens onto the lounge too which I really hate. But I know that with small thoughtful changes, smart use of storage and a few good scatter cushions (always), the whole feel of a room can be changed to feel like a homely peaceful nest, so thats what we're aiming for, whilst working around the things we cannot change about the room.
Here's what we have done so far...
- We have painted the downstairs white. I actually loved having the dark grey lower half, but it had become scuffed and truthfully I was a little bored of it. I am loving the clean White.
- We got rid of our 2 old sofa's, neither of which ever fit the room, nor were they the comfy sofa we wanted. I am looking forward to getting a new one- see below.
- I've been 'shopping' our home and also bookmarking, and really thinking about, a few key new products I want to buy too.
- I have also been following my own advice and bookmarking intensely!
And heres what we want...
- I want the room to feel calm and spacious so the white walls were key.
- Jade and Jewell colours. I'm currently loving all things jade and jewell coloured so hoping to dress the new sofa in those tones.
- Lots of natural materials; recycled wood, sheepskins, natural chunky crochet.
- Plants. I bought a couple of new plants to play with.
- Sparse, beautifully styled book shelves.
- Clever, unobtrusive but accessible toy storage
- A recycled wooden bench (always wanted one!)
- I am undecided about having a rug....
- I want to paint or at least stain the red brick fireplace so it's a little paler. Need to check with my landlord on that one.
- Hoping for some graphic prints on the pillows, and possibly a graphic art fabric piece on the wall
- A chunky stool (love this one)
- A new mirror to bounce light around the room. (Poss this one)
(links within my Polyvore board below)
I made a little mood board with some of the products I'm feeling drawn too. My new sofa (not arrived yet) is actually from DFS! Its the French connection range and made in the UK.
So thats my current thinking with the lounge. What are your current colour loves? My Pinterest board is full of jade and green and plants! Hoping to get lots of that in there...
This is a collaborative post.
P.S my RSS woes are ongoing. I discovered that there is no way to fix the old feed (which means I lost a lot of readers, waaahhh!) So if you currently use a feed reader to read blogs, please re-subscribe using this link if you want to keep updated with my blog. Thanks guys.