March means Spring! We have been blessed with some beautiful blue skies in recent days, and the sun is gently rousing us through the curtains at an ever earlier hour. My ears are being persistently drawn to the increasing sound of the bird song too; I find myself picking it up, honing in on it, where ever I am. Frost still speckles the ground in the early mornings, but the Daffodils don't lie; Spring has sprung. Hurray!
Here are 10 ideas to Make, Do and Celebrate in the Month ahead.
- It’s Mothers day! If this day is a joyful day for you- I hope you have something lovely planned. If it’s a sad day for you for whatever reason (it was for me for nearly two decades) I also hope you have something lovely planned- you probably deserve it more. (P.S a great last min mothers Day present is to donate to Unicef on their behalf, )
- Celebrate your ladies. On Tuesday it’s International Womens Day, a day to celebrate womens achievements around the world, and give a ginormous fist bump to your fellow females and I’m So EXCITED! This year I’ll be writing letters (probably emails and texts!) to the women in my life I love and have influenced me.
- Have a planting party! Spring is here so it’s time to till the ground and prepare for new growth. Most things can be started this month (indoors if there’s still frost about, or directly in the ground if you’re frost free). I can’t wait to plant the sweet pea and cosmos seeds I saved from last year.
- Bring Spring indoors. Decorate with local seasonal spring blooms (avoid the stuff flown in!) and budding branches if you can responsibly find them. Display bulbs in teacups and pots.
- DIY cleaning supplies. If, like me you’e feeling the Spring Cleaning itch, have a look at my recipes to make your own eco friendly cleaning supplies.
- Spring cleaRing. Spring cleaning has also led to Spring clearing so that means more (yes MORE) decluttering. (Read more about how I changed from a hoarder to a lover of simple Living in this post I wrote for ASOS.) Prompted by the lovely Jeska, I’m following the Minimalists Challenge, to discard the amount of items each day that correlate to the date. So today, the 7th, I’ll be chucking out 7 things, and more going forward! eek! Join in with us on Facebook.
- Go to the woods (basically always and forever amen) and spot the first signs of Spring. Have a Daffodil or Crocus hunt!
- Prepare for Easter which is only in three weeks. I’m hoping to make more of these Lizzie Loves healthy Peacn Brownie bites for a simple Easter Morning Tea, a favourite yearly tradition.
- Spot the nesting birds. March is the month that most birds will start building their nests and fighting for territory- this makes for interesting and super sweet bird watching, especially with kids. We’re going to tie little bits of coloured felt to branches around the garden- apparently they often end up woven into birds nests!
- Dance! Londoners/South Easterners- if you fancy a dance with your kids, I’ll be styling the next Club Milk in the gorgeous and super retro Kings Hall in Herne Bay on the 19th March.
This is just a small section of my free newsletter which gets sent out to subscribers on the first Sunday of the month. It also contains the stuff I'm eating/reading/wearing and listening too, as well as some of the blog posts and articles that have moved me recently. You can sign up at the top of the blogs home page.
P.S More Spring love from me over on Forage Botanicals.